My sweet tooth has been gnawing at me for the past few days, and I kept shutting it with pineapple slices. Then one terribly sandy and gloomy day, I feared the worst would happen – I would stuff my face with unnecessary food instead of just having the sweet dessert I so craved. I quickly made my way to kitchen, and decided to make my own poison – that way I could be sure it was organic, low carb, and would not spike up my insulin levels only leading me to more sugar cravings
And thus, this amazing recipe was born. This chameleon works in whichever way the wind blows, spread it out and enjoy chocolate brownies or stifle it into single serving mugs and you can say “I had an entire cake to myself for 1/3 of the calories!” I did lie though, it’s almost flourless, but I think you can forgive my 1/2 cup once you taste this deliciousness!
You will need:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 90g dark chocolate, melted (or any chocolate of choice, I just like dark the best)
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar or honey (I actually used a little over 1/2 cup but I’m used to bitter chocolate/desserts)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk egg and yolk till fluffy, then add melted chocolate and mix. Finally add dry ingredients.
- Mix well, transfer into baking tray or baking mugs.
- Cook or 25 minutes on low heat (180 degrees).
Enjoy your guilt-free treat!