Baaaaaaaabe, something so magic about you
I SO agree. If you haven’t listened to the song by Hozier, my intro just won’t make any sense. That’s okay though, it doesn’t have to. What matters is that you try this recipe, because it IS magic.
It’s low in sugar/carbs. Healthy because all the ingredients can be made from scratch using raw materials YOU buy. So easy. Absolutely scrumptious
If you’re like me and you usually cook/bake with music in the background then I’m helping out with this song – Rumors are, I might have totally sang “BAAAAAABE” way too loud as I mixed the batter.
The rumors are true.
Now on to the recipe!
You will need:
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar equivalent (these will not taste very sweet, add honey or more chocolate chips for additional sweetness)
- 1/2 cup no added sugar organic peanut butter (or any prefered nut butter except cashew – different consistency)
- 1/4 cup low fat milk of choice
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Blend chickpeas using food processor till its soft and meshed.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and blend thoroughly
- Add chocolate chips and mix by hand
- Divide the dough onto a cookie tray
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes at 350 degrees
another option would be to spread the dough onto an oven pan, and then cut them into brownie squares. Either way, these will taste delicious!
Calories and servings:
Makes 18 large pieces