I have one of those jobs that entail a lot of driving and moving around in the field. Most of the time this means skipped meals and car snacks. I’m well known amongst my colleagues for always carrying a zip lock bag with raw almonds and cashews in my purse. However healthy that may seem, my sweet tooth nags at me and I find myself reaching for the 3-piece set Frerro Rocher in an attempt to tell myself ‘I’ll just have one’. To cut the story short, I made these almond bites to tame my sweet tooth, and add healthy to the equation.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
You will need:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- 2/3 cup low-fat yoghurt or milk (yoghurt makes it fluffier)
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add wet ingredients, then slowly add dry ingredients till you get a slightly firm mixture. [If mixture is too watery, freeze for 30 minutes till it hardens a bit. If the mixture is too firm, add a little skimmed milk.]
- Scoop ½ tablespoon and place on baking tray, and dip one almond into it.
Calories and servings:
servings: Makes 40-45 dark chocolate almond bites