Continuing with the recipes for this week, I tried this pancake recipe this past weekend and it is LITERALLY 2 ingredients and only 200 calories! I don’t even need to “list” the items you will need, but here it goes.
You will need:
- 1- Banana
- 1 large Egg
- t tsp ground flax seed (it will work without added flax seeds but they are HIGHLY recommended)
- 1tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mash the banana completely.
- Combine all other ingredients
- Use a non-stick pan to make the pancakes. Make sure that the pancake is completely done and not bubbling at all before flipping or it might tear (happened to my first pancake!)
Enjoy it without any added syrup as the pancake is sweet as it is
TIP: If you’re using a large banana then you MUST use the flax seed or add an additional egg.
Also, an alternative option is adding 1 tsp chia seeds, and cinnamon instead of vanilla extract.
Calories and Servings:
Servings = Makes 2 pancakes
Calories/serving (including flax seed) =200 calories
Calories/servings (if 2 eggs and no flax seed) = 260 calories