I haven’t shared any recipes in a really long time, and Instagram is a constant reminder of the food I’ve been cooking and haven’t posted yet.
Remedying this as of this moment with this SUPER EASY, and absolutely DELICIOUS Mushroom Burger. Bring Shake Shack to your home with this simple recipe, and enjoy a meatless burger that can hold its own!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp steak seasoning (optional)
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, gills removed
- burger buns, preferable whole wheat
- 4 thick slices onion
- 4 slices (4oz) reduced fat Swiss cheese (or any low-fat cheese of choice)
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1/4 avocado, sliced thin (optional)
- lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper (optional)
- Add spices, oil, and vinegar together.
- Cost the mushrooms fully, making sure they are well seasoned before grilling (allow 15-20 minutes for mushrooms to really soak the flavor)
- Grill mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes
- Grill red peppers till blackened slightly.
- Mince the red pepper and use it as “spread” onto the sides of the burger bun
- Make your bun!
- Bun, mushroom, and top it with a slice of cheese, lettuce, onions and tomatoes!
1 tsp dijon mustard, pepper, garlic and rosemary, and 1 tsp of fat-free mayonnaise (make sure to exclude rosemary and steak spices from your mushroom marinade if you’re going to add this spread as the flavor would be too strong) – 20 calories
Calories and Servings:
Makes 4 servings
Calories/Serving (excluding bun, including avocado) = 240 calories
Assuming average bun calorie is 130 calories THEN
TOTAL CALORIES = 370
Tip: Use one side of the bun and cut your bun calories by half!