The title tells no lies. I drool remembering the taste of this meal, and the images are making my stomach growl in hunger. It’s no surprise that I’m a big salmon fan – but wasabi salmon, cashews, AND couscous? If there ever has been a food overdose, it shall be on this meal.
You will need:
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons wasabi sauce, use less if you don’t like spices (optional, but highly recommended)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous(sadly, I didn’t have whole wheat so the ones in the picture aren’t but I definitely recommend going for whole wheat if you have the option)
- 1 pound (400 grams) salmon fillet, and cut into 4 portions (use this guide to help)
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted cashews
- Preheat grill in anticipation for this yummy piece of meat.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside, or better yet, let it cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat teaspoon of oil and add apricots, ginger. Cook, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Also, and this an optional step, I prefer to slightly roast cashews before adding them, it takes about 30 seconds and has no added oil. Cashews can be used without roasting as well.
- Meanwhile, rub salmon with wasabi and place on the grill for about 5 minutes per side or until just cooked through (if you are not adding wasabi, just sprinkle with pepper and salt). Serve with the couscous, topped with the yogurt sauce and cashews. yum yum!
Calories and servings:
Calories/serving = 460 calories
What? Under 500 calories and THIS delcious? There must be lies involved! Try it and tell me!