If you just read this post then you could probably use a nice iced cup of mint tea!
- 8 cups water, divided (4 hot, 4 cold)
- 8 black tea bags, tags removed
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, (optional) or 2 tablespoons honey
1. Boil the hot water and remove from heat. Then steep the black tea bags for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Immediately after that, pour it into a glass or pitcher filled with cold water and ice. The sudden cooling keeps the flavor and scent of the tea intact. Allow the tea bags another minute chilled before removing them. Keeping the tea bags for too long makes the tea bitter.
3. Add the brown sugar, lime and mint and keep chilled in the fridge!
4. Enjoy your home-made sweet drink!
Servings and calories
Servings = 8 cups
Calories/cup = 25 calories
P.S: This recipe will not come out to be VERY sweet like the regular lipton ice tea – you may want to add another 1/4 cup sugar if you want that level of sweetness, but that will mean an additional 10 calories per cup and just a lot of sugar all around 😛