This one is actually quite popular among my friends, and doesn’t require any baking or even an oven! So if you are looking for a quick and scrumptious meal – this is the one for you!
You will need:
- 2 cans tuna in water
- 1-2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard (personally i like to put 2 tbsp Dijon and 1 light mayo as im not a mayo fan but feel free to mix these up)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1 oz (30ml) lemon juice
- lettuce and 2 diced pickles
- salt and white pepper (or black if u want it a little less spicy)
- toast bread, preferably whole wheat for the added fiber benefits
1- Add the tuna (make sure to rinse it well from any of the added preservatives in the canned water), diced onions, tomatoes, light mayo, Dijon, lemon, and diced pickles and mix thoroughly
2- Toast the bread lightly
3- Add a slice or 2 lettuce, and top it with the tuna mix
Servings and calories:
will make 3-4 sandwiches easily, more if your bread is small like mine was.
Assuming 2tbsp mayo and 1 Dijon,
Calories/serving (excluding bread) = ~145calories
Assuming 2tbsp Dijon and 1 mayo,
Calories/serving (excluding bread) = ~135calories
Again, bread differs by brand because of the added milk, sugar, wheat etc.. content so please check labels before buying!Bread can range from 60 to 120 calories/slice so depending on the one you pick add to the total calories – even with that this makes a meal less than 500 calories which is EXCELLENT for lunch or dinner. Enjoy your guilt free meal!